05 Mar ST Communications: 2014 Exporter of the Year finalist
ST Communications is proud to announce our place among the finalists of the 2014 Cape Chamber of Commerce Western Cape Exporter of the year award.
We would also like to extend our congratulations to the rest of the finalists below.
About The Awards
The Cape Chamber of Commerce Western Cape Exporter of the Year 2014 profiles the best of the Western Cape. Exporting companies are proving that there is opportunity to be had for the bold business leaders in the Western Cape.
The main award, Cape Chamber of Commerce Western Cape Exporter of the Year Trophy, will go to the company that meets the judge’s criteria for commitment to exporting. All exporters, both large and small, stand an equal chance of winning this prestigious award.
Other awards up for grabs are as follows –
Transnet National Ports Authority Non-Engineering Trophy
This trophy is awarded to a non-engineering company producing products or services.
Transnet Port Terminals Trophy
This trophy is awarded to a company in the engineering I manufacturing sector.
Credit Guarantee Small Exporter Trophy
This trophy is awarded annually to a small company in terms of the National Small Business Act.
Cape Chamber Innovation Trophy
This trophy is awarded to the company that displays the ability to build sustainable revenue through creativity.
South African Maritime Safety Association (SAMSA) Design (Exporter) Award
The winning company will show the use of local design skill I expertise as the major component (or distinguishing factor) of the product and I or service being exported and the resulting product and I or service is original I has local flavour I is uniquely South African I shows local fit-for-purpose in a developing country context.
Exporting to Africa Trophy
The winning company will show excellence in the exporting of products and I or services into Africa.
This trophy is awarded to the company that has undergone the greatest transformation as per the BBBEE criteria.
Announcements will be made at a gala banquet in Cape Town on Thursday the 27th November 2014.
See more on the Cape Chamber Of Commerce.
2014 Exporter of the Year finalists.
1. Abagold produces abalone, the world’s most desirable seafood, in close harmony with nature at the most southern tip of Africa.
2. Afrinatural Holdings is committed to delivering botanical products from Southern, West and Central Africa that exhibit health enhancing and unique properties.
3. Geo Data Design is an expert provider of Satellite Imagery and Geospatial processing & Management Software, integrating Geospatial data and complete workflows for better decisions.
4. Macadams International was established in 1904, and over the past 100 or so years, they have developed into a major force in the Baking Industry both locally and across the globe.
5. Maverick Trading 59 is South Africa’s leading manufacturer of Polymer concrete Manhole covers and frames, and was founded in January 2000 by Cedric Simons.
6. Nautic Africa specialises in the construction of marine-grade aluminium vessels, custom-building solutions tailored to your specific needs.
7. Oh Lief Natural Products was founded in 2010 by sisters Christine Buchanan and Louiza Rademan, and was born out of the love for nature and the desire to use products that would not harm our skin or the environment.
8. ST Communications delivers African localisation solutions. Specialising in translation and localisation of African languages, they have a wealth of experience and a professional team of first language speaking translators.
9. Thokozani Wines / Diemersfontein produce award-winning estate wines.
10. Trade Law Centre – tralac is a capacity-building organisation developing trade-related capacity in east and southern Africa.
11. Trigger Fish Animation is a full-service marketing agency focused on crafting strategic marketing communications that drive bottom-line results.